Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolution for 2012

Having had little business in the past six months, and not even having had the time for pleasure shooting on the weekends, I was very happy to be able to get out and do some wildlife photography right before Christmas (I'll upload some photos in my next post).

I do this every winter (usually on my birthday), just for fun, since there's really no money in it for a guy like me. But just getting out and having fun taking photos after such a long hiatus made me really appreciate the opportunity and made me realize how much I love photography.

So my resolution for 2012 is simple: Photograph for the joy of it. Photograph what I love for the love of photography.

I really want to refocus what I do not so much for the money and the business end of it, but because I love doing it. It's easy to lose site of what you love in the race to make ends meet being a photographer. Although I don't believe that if you 'do what you love, the money will follow', I do believe that whatever money does follow will be worth more than if you are just earning it to survive.

So in 2012 I hope to get back to my roots photographically. I started taking photos because I loved doing it and this year my focus will be on maintaining that love of photography.

Here's a photo I took before I turned pro, a photo I took just for the love of it. I'd like to take more photos like this in 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment