Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bald Eagle at the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge

I always try to get out and shoot for my personal pleasure on my birthday, and this year was no different. Unfortunately, it's been very foggy and rainy for the past month or so here and there haven't been too many opportunities to get out. But we got amazingly lucky on my birthday. The fog and clouds cleared off and we had the most beautiful day you could imagine.

I had rented a Canon 600mm f/4 L super telephoto lens from BorrowLenses  (see my previous post) just for this weekend, and I was very happy to have good weather to shoot with.

My wife and I spent the day at the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge south of Willows, mostly photographing geese. But we were also lucky enough to encounter a very patient bald eagle sitting in a tree right by the side of the road. We actually went around the driving loop twice, and he was still there. Several other vehicles stopped to photograph him, and he never moved. He was very accommodating.

Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle

I'll have a few more shots from our trip to the SNWF in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment