Monday, November 16, 2009

Mt. Shasta - Recent Shoot

Mount Shasta is without a doubt one of the most dramatic landmarks in northern California, and a popular icon of the north state. Many of my images of Mt. Shasta have been used in calendars, business cards, websites, magazine covers, mural-sized prints, and many other publications.

A few weeks ago we had our first real storm of the season and I decided that the resulting snowfall on the mountain would make for some nice additions to my catalog of Mt. Shasta images, With winter rapidly approaching, my clients need fresh seasonal images of Mt. Shasta and our region. This shoot was a good chance to get a head start.

On my main website, you can view my full catalog of Mt. Shasta images, but here are a few from my most recent trip:

Mt. Shasta

Mt. Shasta

Little Shasta Church

Mt. Shasta

Mt. Shasta at Sunset

Mt. Shasta at Dusk

Mt. Shasta at Dusk

My strategy for shooting Mt. Shasta is fairly simple: try to keep the sun at a 90° angle to the camera view of the mountain, shoot in either the very late afternoon or early morning, and try to find interesting foregrounds to contrast with the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment