Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Aerial Views of Sunflowers in the Sacramento Valley


My last post showed regular ground-based shots of sunflowers in the Valley. On the same trip, I also used my Phantom quadcopter with GoPro 3+ Black Edition camera to capture some aerial images of the sunflower fields.


The fisheye perspective of the GoPro makes it look like you're well above the flowers, when the reality is that the quadcopter is skimming less than three feet above the golden blooms. 

That can make for some exciting flying, but makes for even more exciting images... like some unique panoramic images like these (click on the images to enlarge).



In my next post, I'll try to put up some HD video of the sunflower fields, taken as the Phantom skimmed above the flower tops.


No comments:

Post a Comment