Monday, February 10, 2014

Under the Endless Sky - 2nd Edition Coming Soon!

I'm currently working on the second edition of Under the Endless Sky - Landscapes of the Sacramento Valley, and I'm incredibly pleased with the book.

I've finished selecting the images and updating most of the text. The cover design is finished.


About all that remains is proof reading and taking an updated photo of myself for the fly leaf. The only photo I have of myself in the field is 12 years old, and, according to my wife, I look 'mean' in it:


What's new in the 2nd edition? The main differences are that the book has been reformatted to a larger format and expanded from 59 to 92 images. Many older images have been replaced by newer (and IMO better) images. Several new chapters have been added, including chapters on valley wildflowers, wildlife, as well as expanded chapters on farmland and orchards. I've also added a detailed map of the locations of all of the images in the book.

Comps are looking great, and I hope to go to press in the next month!

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment