Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rice Fields in Spring

It's that time of year, when the rice fields get flooded for planting after being drained in mid-February. On a calm day, the reflections of clouds in the flooded fields is incredible, but unfortunately, on the day I went out, the wind was gusting at about 35 MPH. I got some nice images of the clouds over the rice fields anyway.



I did take one of the images from the shoot and manipulate it in Photoshop to make it LOOK like it was taken on a day when the wind wasn't constantly blowing my ball cap off my head into the water (I've gotten pretty good at using my tripod to fish my cap out of the water).

Here's what the rice field really looked like:


And here's what it looked like after I had my way with it in Photoshop:


I don't normally manipulate my images like this, but I was curious to see how difficult it was to create those reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment