Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Little Fun on My Birthday

I truly love photography, as a business and as a passion. So when my wife told me it was 'my' day on my birthday and that we could do whatever I wanted, I (of course) wanted to do photography.

Since it was my birthday, I wanted to shoot something just for the fun of it - with no goal of selling the image or satisfying a client. It took me a while to come up with an idea of where to go since it was a very cold gray day, but I was finally inspired to head out to the local airport.

Tiny though it is, there are a few old hangers out there that I always wanted to photograph. So we spent a windy cold afternoon enduring occasional sprinkles while I explored the nooks and crannies of the airport.

Hanger at Chico Airport

Honestly, there isn't much there, and my wife was worried that I'd be arrested as a terrorist for photographing a bunch of empty hangers at a podunk small town airport, but I had a lot of fun taking pictures of pipes and whatever caught my attention.

Pipes

I also decided that I was going to process the images however I wanted: change the colors, saturation - anything I wanted to do to make interesting photos.

Pipes and Alarms

Mostly I ended up playing with saturation. I'm just not a wild and crazy guy when it comes to Photoshop. But I had a great day and a lot of fun photographing something that wasn't for a client or taken with the intent to sell.

As professional photographers, we need to do this more often.

Detail of Hanger - Chico Airport

Gauge Detail


Pipes and Gauges


Rusty Dumpster

No comments:

Post a Comment