Monday, January 20, 2014

Winter on the Feather River

This winter has been one of the driest in history, but last month we were blessed with a very cold winter storm that dropped snow down to about 1000 feet, including our street.

Snow on our street.
The next morning, I got up, scraped the ice and snow off my truck, packed up my gear and headed up Highway 70, up the Feather River toward Quincy.

Conditions were amazingly icy, and there was virtually no one on the road, so I traveled slowly.

Although, I got few wonderful winter shots, the biggest disappointment was that the snow was only a couple of inches deep even in Quincy.

Snow covered trees along the Feather River
The Feather River winds through a snow-covered canyon.
Oaks covered with a dusting of snow.
Snow-covered Feather River at the Storie Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment