Monday, April 5, 2010

Almond Orchards in Bloom - From the Air

A month or so ago, when the almond orchards were in full bloom, I chartered a plane to get some aerial images of the orchards.

Although the weather wasn't the best for photography, I was able to get some excellent images of the orchards as well as the beautiful green hills on the west side of the valley. I also had a blast. I love flying, and flying low over parts of the valley that I knew by heart was a great experience and gave me a whole new perspective (literally!) on the valley.

I went up a again a couple of weeks later to photograph the peach orchards around Yuba City in bloom, and that will be the subject of my next post.


Blooming Almond Orchards from the Air

Blooming Almond Orchards from the Air

Blooming Almond Orchards from the Air

Green Hills

Green Hills

You can see the full set of photos from this shoot here and here on my main website.

All of these images are available as fine art prints or for licensing for publication. Just call or email me for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment