Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My OTHER Photography Blog

I've been blogging for years. This is my fifth or sixth blog, I think. Technically, all but one or two of those blogs are still going, but in reality, there are three that get any regular attention.

My first blog was a weekly wine column that I did for a local newspaper. Amazingly, the posts can still be read here: wine-thoughts.blogspot.com.It was a humorous column attempting to make wine accessible to 'regular folks'.

Last summer, with business in the recession doldrums, my wife and I started a food photography blog. Food is something I love, but also something that I'd never photographed, so I thought that it would be a good learning and growing opportunity. I didn't do it with the intent of becoming a food photographer; I did it because I simply wanted to learn something new and expand my horizons photographically.

The blog was rather optimistically called 365 Days of Food, but with my wife working 3 to 4 nights a week for the past several months, coupled with some improvement in business, it has been almost impossible to keep it up on the a daily basis as we had hoped.

However, I did manage to write a new post and send it out this morning, so I thought that I'd share it here as well: Crab Fettuccine in Alfredo Sauce. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Here's a few other images from that blog...

Zucchini Walnut Goat Cheese Pizza


Scallops in Orange Saffron Aioli


Salmon and Asparagus


Salmon with Korma Sauce


Fig, Walnut & Goat Cheese Salad


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment